What is a face oil?
A face oil is an oil that contains a wide range of nourishing and rewarding vitamins and minerals for your skin.
The oil is a great addition to your daily skincare routine and can even act as an alternative to your face cream - both men and women can benefit greatly from using a face oil in their skincare regime.
Face oil is a real oil, so it will always feel slightly greasy before it penetrates the skin. But don't worry, your skin and pores won’t become oily and clogged.
How does face oil work?
A face oil is formulated to penetrate deep into your skin in a short time. Packed with nourishing vitamins, antioxidants and minerals, the oil helps moisturise, protect, and nourish your skin in areas where it needs a little extra love.
The face oil does this without upsetting your skin's natural balance.
Why should you use face oil?
There are several good reasons to use a face oil as part of your daily skincare routine. You can learn more about some of the main arguments in favour of making face oil part of your skincare routine here.
Contains a range of nourishing ingredients
Face oil contains a wide range of nourishing ingredients. Face oil is packed with nourishing vitamins and antioxidants.
Vitamins help your skin in a wide range of areas. Different vitamins have different benefits:
- Vitamin A helps to combat both dry skin and acne.
- Vitamin B helps rebuild and repair the skin.
- Vitamin C helps boost collagen levels in the skin, making it firmer.
- Vitamin E helps fight free radicals and has a healing effect on the skin.
Antioxidants effectively help protect your skin. They act as a shield against degradation and counteract oxidative stress. In this way, antioxidants fight the breakdown of your skin's collagen, which can lead to wrinkles.
Relieving your skin problems
Including a face oil in your daily beauty routine gives you a powerful weapon against various skin problems. Face oils help with problems such as:
- Dry skin
- Uneven skin tone and pigmentation
- Oily skin
- Sensitive and irritated skin
- Grey and dull skin
- Mature and wrinkled skin
Your make-up goes on better
Using a face oil will not only make your skin more beautiful and healthy - your make-up will thank you for it too.
Your make-up will settle better on your skin because it won't settle into dry creases and lines on your face in the same way if you've used an oil underneath.
TIP: Add a few drops into your foundation for a light, natural coverage with lots of glow. It also makes the foundation easy to work with and distribute evenly on the face.
Which face oil should you use?
When investing in a face oil, the first thing to consider is what skin problems you want it to address. Not all face oils are suitable for your specific challenges.
Some may be good for dry and dull skin, while others are better for oily and blemished skin.
For example, you can use Australian Bodycare's Body Oil, which is suitable for both body and face. The oil penetrates the skin quickly without greasiness and has a wide range of beneficial properties for your skin. It contains Australian Tea Tree oil, which has an antibacterial effect on the skin.
Use the Oil to:
- Moisturise and nourish dry and dehydrated skin.
- Make your skin more supple and elastic.
- Minimise the appearance of scars, age spots and other skin imperfections.
- Counteract oily and blemished skin with pimples and acne.
How to use your face oil
To get the most out of your face oil, it's important to use it correctly as part of your skincare routine. Follow this step-by-step guide:
- Cleanse your skin of dirt and grime with an effective but gentle cleanser. It's important that you remove it so that the oil can work in the best conditions. We recommend our Face Wash.
- Apply a few drops of oil in the palms of your hands or directly on your face. 2-3 drops are often enough to give your skin the care it needs. Gently and gently massage the oil into your skin in circular motions.
- Finish with a day or night cream to seal in the oil. You can also use the oil as an alternative to your cream, but you will still get the best results if you moisturise with the oil and apply a protective layer with a cream. For example, our Face Cream.